Aurum Research Limited is Hiring – Investment Analyst / Senior Analyst – Hedge Fund Manager Selection
Investment Analyst / Senior Analyst – Hedge Fund Manager Selection
Head of Research, Aurum Research Limited
Aurum is a Bermuda based hedge fund investment specialist which has been investing client capital since 1994 and currently manages over $5bn. Its wholly owned UK based subsidiary, Aurum Research Limited (“Aurum Research”), is recruiting mid to senior level analysts for the Investment Research Team.
Aurum Research is a flexible and dynamic organisation, encouraging a collaborative and innovative working environment.
At Aurum Research, we understand creating a culture of equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better position to succeed. Everyone is welcome – as an inclusive workplace, people can be themselves in an environment that both supports and includes them.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Screen hedge fund investment universe
- Perform investment due diligence on prospective investments and ongoing monitoring of invested funds.
- Contribute to the production of external performance commentaries, industry/strategy ‘deep dive’ analysis, top-down strategy analysis/review and thought-pieces.
- Attend industry conferences and meetings with hedge fund managers with periodic international travel including summarising and communicate key details to the research team. Assist in the development/evolution of the hedge fund due diligence process, including contributing to in-house proprietary tool/systems development.
- Support Aurum Research’s efforts to further incorporate ESG into the investment research process.
- Candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years of investment industry experience in sourcing, analysing and conducting investment due diligence on hedge funds. We would also consider applications from experienced market practitioners (preferably with a fixed-income derivatives or equity statistical arbitrage background), who are familiar with hedge funds and wish to transition to a manager selection role.
- Relevant professional qualification such as CFA and/or CAIA preferred.
- Programming skills and/or data science skills preferred but not essential.
- Candidate will be analytical with a strong attention to detail, concern for quality and accuracy of final product.
- Cultural fit: self-motivated, proactive, enjoys collaboration and working as part of a team as well as building an industry network.
- South Kensington.
- Normal hours: 09:00 – 17:30
- Hybrid working arrangement: Currently all employees work 3 days in-office, 2 days from home.
Candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.
Previous news articles
Aurum Research Limited is Hiring – Investment Risk and Portfolio Analyst
Job title: Investment Risk and Portfolio Analyst Reports to: Head of Research, Aurum Research Limited Overview: Aurum is a Bermuda based hedge fund investment…
Evaluating carbon offsetting programmes
With COP27 moving the focus on climate justice up the agenda, it seemed a good time to share with you a recent conversation between Emily Forsyth-Davies,…
HFM European Performance Awards 2022 “Fund of hedge funds – Aurum Synchronicity Fund” award
Aurum’s longest running Embedded Impact® fund wins HFM’s 2022 “Fund of hedge funds” award.Aurum Fund Management Ltd. (“Aurum”) are proud that…
Aurum wins the Funds Europe Awards 2021 “European Asset Management Firm of the Year <€20bn” award
Aurum Fund Management Ltd. (“Aurum”) wins the Funds Europe Award’s 2021 “European Asset Management Firm of the Year < €20bn” award.As the year...
Time to open your eyes to an environmental emergency (or get stung by a jellyfish!)
The problemOver the last two years, we’ve seen irrefutable evidence that are already directly related to temperature change each year, which is likely…
Aurum discuss investor transparency with HedgeNews Africa
As HedgeNews Africa prepared for their annual Investor Survey, they sat down with members of the Aurum group to discuss the challenges and changes around…
Aurum shortlisted for Funds Europe Awards 2021
Aurum Fund Management Ltd. has been shortlisted for the Funds Europe Awards 2021 in the European Asset Management Firm of the Year < €20bn category.The...
Aurum wins the European Pensions Awards 2021 “Alternatives Investment Manager of the Year” award
Aurum Fund Management Ltd. (“Aurum”) wins the European Pensions Awards 2021 “Alternatives Investment Manager of the Year” award.The Aurum team…
Five top tips for career progression in a virtual world
Emily Forsyth-Davies, Head of ESG, Aurum Research Limited, recently participated in a panel session for the Pensions Management Institute – NextGen Conference…
Announcing new Aurum bursaries
Awarded to ambitious students pursuing careers in either financial services or environmental conservation.As part of Aurum’s commitment to diversity…
Aurum wins Hedgeweek’s “Best Multi-Manager Fund – Multi- Strategy (over $500m)” award
Aurum’s flagship fund has won Hedgeweek’s “Best Multi-Manager Fund – Multi- Strategy (over $500m)” award.The annual Hedgeweek European Awards…
Aurum’s quarterly review – Q4 2022
All of Aurum’s managed funds and bespoke accounts delivered positive returns in the fourth quarter of 2022. Performance for Aurum’s commingled fund…
Aurum’s quarterly review – Q3 2022
All of Aurum’s managed funds and bespoke accounts delivered positive returns in the third quarter of 2022. Performance for Aurum’s commingled fund…